The safety of our employees, customers, and contractors is of paramount importance to Bellis Australia. Our Health and Safety Management System is certified to the strict requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007 and AS/NZS 4801:2001.
As part of Bellis Australia’s commitment to achieving the principles of health and safety in our workplace, we recognise our moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for workers, contractors, customers and visitors.
This commitment also extends to ensuring that our operations and activities do not place the local community or environment at risk of injury, illness or damage.
Bellis Australia achieves this through the adoption of procedures to:
- Provide and maintain healthy and safe workplaces, safe plant and systems of work;
- Provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe work practices;
- Ensure compliance with legislative duties and current industry standards;
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision to workers, contractors and customers as is necessary to ensure their continued health and safety; and
- Provide support and assistance to workers and involve them in consultation on safety issues.